I had bought new NETGEAR range extender. Now I want to install it using genie setup. Can you please elaborate on various steps involved in NETGEAR extender genie setup wizard?
If you had bought new NETGEAR range extender, then firstly we welcome you to NETGEARian’s community.
Now we come back to your question, that is how to go for NETGEAR extender genie setup, but before that, lets discuss something about NETGEAR genie setup.
NETGEAR genie setup is nothing else but an interface provided by NETGEAR for installation of extender. It is another name of www.mywifiext.net setup wizard.
As discussed in other articles also, NETGEAR Wi-Fi extenders can be installed by following any one method among WPS method and Manual method.
The second method, that is Manual method involves NETGEAR extender genie setup for launching new extender setup.
Now let’s begin with steps that are involved in setting up NETGEAR extender through NETGEAR genie setup wizard.
- Firstly, put your extender (that you want to install) on power. Wait until it comes in up state. This can be assured by checking status of Power LED. It should have to lit solid green.
- Use any device such as computer or laptop to connect with your extender’s network, which will be named as NETGEAR_EXT.
- Launch web browser on your device. This will automatically prompt you to NETGEAR genie setup guide. If it does not get opened up automatically, then you are requested to enter www.mywifiext.net in address bar of web browser.
- Genie will search for available networks. Select your home network or network which you want to extend, here. Then click on Continue.
- If your network is protected by any password, then you will be asked to enter the same. After entering password, hit on Continue.
- Once connection between your network router and range extender is established, genie setup will prompt you to interface where you can modify wireless settings of your extender.
- If in case you want to leave wireless settings as they are, then hit on Continue.
- At last click on Apply Changes.
- Connection between your range extender and computer will be lost. You will be required to connect to extender’s network again.
In this way your NETGEAR range extender gets installed using genie setup.
If you feel, not to follow this method, then NETGEAR provides you with other option in the form of WPS method.
In WPS method all user has to do is, press WPS button firstly of extender and then of router. Just by doing this link between network router and range extender will be established.
But even in case of WPS method also, user will be needed to login into NETGEAR’s local webpage, for modifying settings of NETGEAR range extender.