If you have same question as mentioned above i.e. how to launch my WiFi extender setup, then this article will prove to be fruitful to you.
In this article we had also given example of NETGEAR EX2700 extender setup as well as NETGEAR WN3000RPv2 extender setup,by using www.mywifiext.net local webpage, for better understanding.
We had also provided user with steps for NETGEAR WiFi extender login.
Hope this will serve your purpose and provide better understanding of the process.
How can I use mywifiext.net setup page to launch my Wi-Fi new extender setup?
User can launch new WiFi extender setup by either using www.mywifiext.net setup page or by WPS method.
If in case your network router does not support WPS method then you are left with no other option then to follow www.mywifiext.net setup wizard.
To launch www.mywifiext.net setup wizard you will firstly need a device, on which you can launch this local webpage.
This device should have to be connected with NETGEAR range extender’s network.
Let’s go step by step, through which you can launch your new WiFi extender setup.
Firstly, for setup process to continue, your range extender should have to be approachable, so put your extender on power first.
Then take a device, let’s say a computer, and establish a connection between computer and NETGEAR range extender. This can be done by either using Ethernet cable or by WiFi signal.
Once you are done with this, do launch web browser on computer.
You can choose any web browser you wish for.
Web browser will automatically prompt you to local webpage, using which you can launch www.mywifiext.net setup wizard.
But if in case local webpage does not get opened up on its own then you have to enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of your web browser.
Then you will be asked to enter credentials which by default are:
By this you will be able to enter into www.mywifiext.net setup wizard. Here you can make desired changes in your NETGEAR Wi-Fi range extender.
Firstly, Select Setup. Then go for Wireless Settings.
This will enable you to make desired changes in wireless settings.
Once you are done with it, just click on Apply settings and your settings will get applied.
With this connection between your computer and NETGEAR range extender will get lost because of this new configuration.
You will be required to re-establish link between range extender and computer using these new assigned configurations.
Let’s discuss this process with the example of www.mywifiext.net EX2700 setup and www.mywifiext.net WN3000RPv2 setup.
How to launch EX2700 setup using NETGEAR genie?
Various steps involved in installing EX2700 – N300 Wireless Range Extender with NETGEAR genie includes:
- First thing that you have to ensure is to place the extender in the same room as your wireless router.
- Ensure that your router is also in workable state.
- Then put EX2700 extender on power and wait until the status of POWER LED turns to be solid green.
- Establish link between a client device (wireless computers, smart phones, and tablets) and EX2700 extender.
This link can be established either through wired connection that is Ethernet cable or through wireless connection that is WiFi signal.
If you use wireless connection for establishing the link then all you are required to do is go to available wireless network list on your client device and get connected with network names as NETGEAR _EXT.
- Once connection between client device and extender gets established, do launch web browser on device. This will automatically prompt you to NETGEAR genie setup wizard.
But if in case you do not get automatically prompted to NETGEAR genie then do enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
You will be asked to enter credentials over here. By default, Username will be admin and password will be password. Do enter the same.
- Then NETGEAR genie will start scanning available WiFi networks.
- Select network which you want to extend using EX2700 extender and click on Continue.
- Then you will be again asked to enter password. Here enters password of the network that you had selected and click on Continue.
- Now enter SSID.
- Then you will be provided option to change wireless settings of your extender. After doing so, click on Continue.
- Click on Finish and that’s it installation process gets completed.
- Unplug the extender device and place it wherever you want.
How to setup Netgear WN3000RPv2 extender?
Steps involved in setting up WN3000RPv2 extender are as given below.
Steps to install WN3000RPv2
- First step for setting up WiFi extender setup remain same for all NETGEAR devices that is powering on netgear extender WN3000RPv2.
- Wait until the status of Power LED turns to be solid green.
- Go to wireless network manager on any of your WiFi device and select WN3000RPv2 extender’ SSID. The SSID is:
- Once you get connected with the extender network, the Extender’s Client Link LED will get lit up.
- Open an internet browser and type www.mywifiext net. By this NETGEAR genie will get opened.
- Here select the network, which you want to extend using NETGEAR WiFi extender and then click Continue.
- Then enter password of the network that you had selected and click on Continue.
- After making required changes in wireless settings of extender, click on Continue.
- By this NETGEAR genie will apply all the changes that you had made.
- At last click on Finish. Your WiFi extender setup gets completed. Now you can place your extender device where you are having issue of poor signal.