How can I use my NETGEAR EX7300 AC2200 - Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender in extender as well as access point mode?
NETGEAR EX7300 AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender comes with an advantage that it can work as both extender and access point.
Extender is a device which acts as signal booster whereas Access point works as a hotspot.
User can setup AC2200 mesh extender in either access point or extender mode as per his/her network requirement.
Let us discuss installation process in both modes, one by one.
We will begin our discussion by discussing about setting up NETGEAR EX7300 WiFi extender in extender mode.
AC2200 mesh extender can be installed by following any one method among.
- WPS method
- Through Web browser setup
Let us discuss them in depth.
1-WPS method:- In this method Wi-Fi signal is used to establish link between extender device and network router. Steps involved are:
- Firstly, bring your AC2200 mesh extender in the same room as network router is.
- Then put your extender on power outlet.
- Once Power LED turns to be solid green, press WPS button present on side panel of your extender.
- By this WPS LED will start blinking. This shows that WPS connection is in progression.
- Now press WPS button of your router.
- Once connection gets established WPS LED will turn into solid green.
- That’s it. By this your extender gets established. You can now place it wherever you want.
- You can use Router Link LED for finding appropriate place.
- Now you can connect any client device with extender network.
User should have to be aware of the fact that extender will use same configuration as network router has.
For instance, if extender connects with 2.4 GHz band of router then network name appeared on extender network will be:
Router 2.4 GHz WiFi network name:- mywifiext.net
Router 5 GHz WiFi network name:- mywifiext.net-5G
Extended 2.4 GHz WiFi network name:- mywifiext.net
Extended 5 GHz WiFi network name:- mywifiext.net
Similarly if extender get connected with 5 GHz band of router then extender’s network name will be:
Extended 2.4 GHz WiFi network name: mywifiext.net-5G
Extended 5 GHz WiFi network name: mywifiext.net-5G
2-NETGEAR Installation Assistant: - This method uses web browser for installing NETGEAR extender. That is why this method is also known by name of web browser setup.
Various steps involved in the process are:
- First step in all cases will remain same i.e. powering on the extender device.
- Then use any client device such as laptop and establish link between that device and extender by either using Ethernet cable or by Wi-Fi signal.
- Once link get established, Client Link LED will get lit up.
- Open www.mywifiext.net webpage, by entering the same in address bar of web browser.
- Follow the instructions that get displayed on your screen and your mesh extender gets installed.
- Now unplug the extender and place it with the help of Router Link LED.
By this installation of NETGEAR EX7300 AC2200 -Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender in extender mode gets completed.
Now let’s move for setting up mesh extender in access point mode.
AC2200 mesh extender can be used as an access point by using Ethernet wired connection.
Steps involved in the process are:
- Firstly, move the Access Point/Extender switch towards Access Point.
- Then power on your WiFi extender and wait until it comes in up-state i.e. Power LED turns to be solid green.
- Establish the link between client device and extender by either using Ethernet cable or by Wi-Fi signal.
- Launch web browser on the same client device. This will bring you to www.mywifiext.net webpage. By this NETGEAR Installation Assistant gets launched.
- Now establish a link between NETGEAR extender and router using Ethernet cable.
- Then follow instructions as given by NETGEAR Installation Assistant.
- By this your NETGEAR extender gets installed as an access point.
Once installation process gets completed, you can login to extender to do desired changes. Procedure for the same is:
- Open web browser on any client device that is connected with network of extender.
- Launch www.mywifiext.net webpage.
- Enter email address and password and click on Log in.
- By this you will get logged in and status page gets displayed on your screen.