In all cases, if you are using NETGEAR installation assistant for launching NETGEAR extender setup then firstly you will be needed to go for NETGEAR extender login to launch www.mywifiext.net/new extender setup. If you are following the WPS method then also steps involved will remain the same for a range of NETGEAR Wi-Fi extenders. Incoming sections we will elaborate on these methods of NETGEAR extender setup in great detail.
How can I launch NETGEAR extender setup wizard for my new N300 Wi-Fi range extender?
NETGEAR N300 WiFi range extender is one among, the other jewel in the basket of NETGEAR, which comes with the number of advantages such as CD-less installation, compact size and much more.
N300 is single band Wi-Fi range extender, capable of expanding Wi-Fi signal of your existing network, with workable Wi-Fi band of 2.4GHz.
NETGEAR extender setup for N300 WiFi range extender can be done by following, any one method among WPS method and manual method/NETGEAR installation Assistant/Genie Setup.
Smart LED indicators of Netgear N300 Extender
In this installation process Smart LED indicators that comes embedded on NETGEAR N300 range extender, plays a great role.
Netgear N300 extender light status
Features like this, is reason, why users like to buy NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi range extender.
Now let’s move toward the main question of our article that is how to launch a new NETGEAR N300 extender setup.
NETGEAR provides its user two ways to install extender. That includes
- Manual method or NETGEAR genie Smart Setup
- WPS method
We will discuss both methods in detail, but firstly let’s discuss some steps which remains same for both methods. That steps include powering on NETGEAR range extender. For this all you have to do is:
- While setup process is going on, place your NETGEAR range extender in the same room as your network router is. Once installation process gets completed, you can place extender wherever you want with the help of Router Link LED.
- Place the extender on power outlet. Wait for the time until status of Power LED turns to solid green.
Once the range extender gets powered on, next thing is to establish connection between N300 range extender and network router. At this stage procedure varies for both the methods.
So let’s discuss both methods in detail.
Manual method or NETGEAR Genie Smart Setup: - Once your range extender device gets powered on, follow the following given steps to establish link between your extender and router:
- Using any device such as computer or laptop, connect with network of N300 extender. For this, you have to go to WiFi network manager of your computer and select network named as NETWORK_EXT.
Once connection between computer and range extender gets established, Client link LED will get lit up.
- Next step is to launch web browser on computer. This will automatically prompt you to NETGEAR genie smart setup. But if in case it does not do so, then manually enter www.mywifiext.net in address bar of your web browser.
- It will ask you to enter credentials. Here enter admin as username and password as password.
- Then you will be asked to select the network which you want to extend. After doing so, click on Continue.
- You will be asked to assign password.
- Then select among Private network or Public network and then click on Continue
- Assign Network name to your N300 range extender network.
• Click on Apply Settings.
- Now you can check whether changes have been applied or not by connecting any device such as computer or laptop with extender’s network.
• Unplug the extender and place it wherever you want.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) method: - Steps to be followed for establishing link between N300 range extender and network router is much simpler than that of manual method. These steps are:
- Press and hold WPS button present on NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi range extender.
- Within the time period of two minutes, press WPS button of your network router. By this Router Link LED on extender will get lit up. This signifies that link between your range extender and network router gets established.
- You can now connect with extender’s network using any device such as computer. All you have to do is go to Wireless networks and select network name available with _EXT at end of its name. The name of extender’s network is same as your home network but also has _EXT as extension to distinguish it from home network.
- WiFi password to connect with extender’s network will be same as your home network has.
- That’s it. Your NETGEAR N300 range extender has been installed. You can now unplug it and place it wherever you want.
- You can take help of Router Link LED to know best suitable place to place NETGEAR extender.
That way your new NETGEAR extender setup gets completes.