NETGEAR EX6150 AC1200 WiFi range extender setup -1-844-663-3333
NETGEAR EX6150 extender setup is as easy as other NETGEAR extenders. The only special feature with NETGEAR WIFi Ex6150 setup is that it provides user with option that whether she wants to setup NETGEAR Ex6150 in extender mode or access point mode.
This characteristic adds to distinguishability of NETGEAR EX6150 extender setup from other extenders.
As this extender is capable to work in both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band thus you can launch NETGEAR WIFi EX6150 setup for any band or even for both bands if you desire for.
If you are planning to launch NETGEAR EX6150 extender setup then this article will be fruitful for you.
We had included various steps involved in NETGEAR WiFi EX6150 setup in most systematic way. SO that you may not encounter with any problem while installation process is going on.
In this article, we are going to discuss various features of NETGEAR EX6150 Wi-Fi range extender and steps involved in setting up the extender in the existing network.
Thus this article will prove helpful for those who are planning to buy new NETGEAR range extender but are unaware that whether EX6150 will serve their purpose or not.
By this article, they will get a glimpse of the various features of the EX6150 range extender, according to which they can plan whether to buy it or not.
This article will also be fruitful for those who had brought EX6150 WiFi range extender but are now struggling to install extender in an existing network.
Hope you will enjoy reading this article.
So let’s get started with first discussing basic features of NETGEAR EX6150 Wi-Fi range extender.
Basic Features of Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup
Many questions may arise in user’s mind while buying a range extender, such as why to buy one extender and not another one, whether it will serve the need of my home network and so on.
The answer to all such questions is given in the form of features of the EX6150 range extender, checking out which, the user can make his/her mind that whether it fulfils his/her network demands or not.
- Capable in delivering AC dual band WiFi up to 1200 Mbps.
- They are compatible to work with all type of network routers and switches.
- They are operable with new 802.11ac & b/g/n WiFi devices.
- Comes along with unique feature named as FastLane technology. This makes these extenders ideal for HD video streaming and gaming.
- Have one gigabit Ethernet port, to enable the user to connect the wired device with extender.
- Have external antennas, which can be adjusted as per the requirement.
- Can work as both extender and access point.
- No need of CD for setting up the new extender.
- Push ‘N’ Connect feature.
Differentiate Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup from other extenders
Next comes steps involved in setting up new NETGEAR range extender in both extender mode as well as in access point mode. We will discuss it in most detail. But before this, let’s have some overview of various LEDs present on our extender. This information will be highly helpful during the installation process.
Router Link LED:- This LED is used to show strength of link, established between your extender and network router. Possible four states are:
- Solid Green:- Denotes best connection
- Solid amber:- Signifies that state of link between extender and router is good.
- Solid red:- Denotes poor connection.
- Off:- Shows that there exist no connection at all between your extender and router.
Client Link LED:- This LED signifies state of connection between extender and other client devices such as computer, laptop, tablet etc. Possible states includes:
- Solid green:- Denotes excellent connection.
- Solid amber:- Signifies that strength of link is good enough to make link workable.
- Solid red:- Shows poor state of connection
- Off:- Shows there exist no connection at all between extender and any client device.
Power LED:- Signifies status of power. Possible states includes:
- Solid amber:- Extender is in booting state.
- Solid Green:- Extender is powered on.
- Off:- Signifies that extender is powered off.
WPS:- This button is used while setting up extender by WPS method. It signifies state of WPS connection between extender and network router. Possible states of this LED includes:
- Solid green:- Signifies that WPS link between extender and router has been established.
- Blinking green:- Shows WPS link is in establishing but has not established yet.
- Off:- WPS link is not at all initiated.
Installing Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup in extender mode
While working in extender mode, the EX6150 extender will work as WiFi signal booster. Its prime task will be to amplify the incoming signal and broadcast the same. So that WiFi signal becomes approachable to each far end of the network.
This can be done by following anyone method among WPS and Web browser setup method.
Steps included for both of the methods are listed below. But before proceeding with steps do move Access point/Extender switch towards extender.
Steps involved in setting up Netgear EX6150 Extender using WPS method
- Press and hold WPS button present on the side panel of the extender. By this WPS LED will start blinking.
- Then within the time duration of two minutes, press the WPS button present on your router. You will notice that WPS LED on the extender will turn to be solid green and Router Link LEDwill also lit up. These LEDs signifies that link between your network router and extender has been established. But if in case, Router Link LED does not turn to be green, you are requested to try again by following the same steps. If it still does not get lit up, then you have to follow the web browser method for setting up the extender.
- Now you can unplug the extender and place it at a location where you are experiencing dead spots.You can take help of Router Link LED for this task.
- User has to take care that Router Link LED should not have to turn red. If it is the case, then this signifies that link between your router and extender is getting lost. So you will be required to move the extender towards the router.
- Then power on the extender device. Once it gets into upstate, you can connect any client device with the extender network.
- Name of extender network will be displayed the same as your home network but along with _2EXT and _5EXT.
, For instance, let’s say existing WiFi network name is www.mywifiext.net. Then New extender WiFi network name will be www.mywifiext.net_2EXT for 2.4 GHz band and www.mywifiext.net_5EXT for 5 GHz band.
Steps involved in setting up NETGEAR EX6150 extender using Web Browser Setup
- Connect any client device with extender network. For this go to WiFi network manager on your client device and connect to a network named as NETGEAR_EXT. Once a connection between the client device and extender will get established, Client Link LED will get lighten up.
- Then open up a web browser.
- This will by default prompt you to the setup wizard. But if in case it does not, then enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field of the browser. By this New, Extender Setup page will get displayed.
- Click on NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. Then Create Account page will get opened up.
- Enter various information for which you are asked for and then click on NEXT.
- Then you will be provided to select in which mode you want to install your extender. Here click on WIFI RANGE EXTENDER button. Then extender will list out various wireless networks available.
- Among the list, select the WiFi network which you want to extend and then click on NEXT button. 8. Now you will be required to fill up password (network key) field. Here enter an existing WiFi network password (also called passphrase or security key) and then click on NEXT button.
- Then you will be provided with an option to set the network name (SSID) and password for extender network. After assigning the same, do click the NEXT button.
Now let the page to display the list of new extender WiFi networks. This may take up to a minute.
- By assigning this new network name and password to your extender, the signal between a client device and extender network will get lost. You will be required to re-establish the link between them using new credentials that you had assigned during the installation process.
- Then click on Continue button.
- A registration page will get displayed.
- After entering various details click on Finish button to complete the setup. You can also skip this registration, for the future.
- Now you can unplug the extender and move it to the desired location with the help of Router link LED.
Installing EX6150 range extender in Access Point Mode
As stated above, you can install EX6150 range extender as access point also. This will create a new WiFi hotspot by using a wired Ethernet connection. Steps involved in this process are:
If in case, you are still unable to troubleshoot the issue of Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup then do take help of Netgear Wifi ex6150 Setup support at 1-844-663-3333
- Firstly move the Access Point/Extender switch towards Access Point.
- Then power on the device by putting the extender on an electrical outlet.
Power status of a device can be known with the help of Power LED.
- Establish the wired connection between NETGEAR extender and home router with the help of Ethernet cable.
- Connect any client device such as a computer with the extender network, named as:
NETGEAR_EXT for 2.4 GHz network
NETGEAR_5GEXT for 5 GHz network
Once the connection between the client device and extender gets established, Client Link LED will get lit up.
- Now open a web browser on your device and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field. By this New, Extender Setup page will get displayed.
- Click on NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. By this Create Account page will get displayed.
- After filling details click on NEXT button.
- Then click on ACCESS POINT button.
- Now the select type of network among HOME NETWORK and PUBLIC NETWORK.
- Then set the network name and other security settings. Once done with this, click on the NEXT button.
- By this all settings that you had made gets applied and extender becomes ready to be used as an access point.