Before initiating our discussion for setup of new NETGEAR EX2700 N300 range extender, let’s have a brief outlook on basic features of Netgear EX2700 extender setup
These basic features include:
- Capability to boost up your Wi-Fi signal up to 300 Mbps.
- Have external adjustable antennas. Thus if in case user want to boost up Wi-FI signal in a particular direction then this can be done by simply tilting the antenna in that direction.
- EX2700 range extender are highly compact in size. So if you are looking for an extender which takes less space than this extender is ideal for you.
- As all NETGEAR range extenders are compatible with all type of router so does EX2700 is.
- It comes along with an Ethernet port through which you can connect any wired device with your range extender.
- Capable of providing CD-less setup.
- Capable to work for single frequency band i.e. 2.4GHz.
Another feature of EX2700 range extender is that it supports WPS mode of installation.
There are two methods of installing NETGEAR EX2700 range extender. That are
- WPS method
- Web browser setup
New EX2700 range extender setup includes basically two steps that is
- To power on your extender device
- To establish connection between your N300 range extender and network router.
By this your NETGEAR extender stands to be installed.
In both method of installation first steps remains same, the difference came only at second step.
Let’s discuss first step that is powering on the EX2700 range extender device. Steps to be followed for the same are:
- Place NETGEAR EX2700 N300 range extender in close proximity (preferably in the same room) with network router.
- Plug the extender on power outlet and wait until status of Power LED turns to be green.
By this first step gets completed.
For second step, we have to discuss procedure differently for both methods. So let’s get started.
1. Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) method: - Steps to be followed are:
- Locate WPS button present on your EX2700 range extender. It will be present at the side panel of extender device. Press this WPS button and hold for some seconds.
- Within two minutes, you have to press WPS button of your home network router. By this Router Link LED will get lit up to signify that connection between network router and EX2700 range extender has been established.
- That’s it. Your NETGEAR EX2700 N300 range extender has been setup. Now you can connect any device with extender network. Extender’s network name will be same as your network name but will have _EXT at end.
Now you can place EX2700 range extender wherever you desire with the help of router link LED.
2. Web browser Setup: - Various steps involved for web browser setup mode of installing new NETGEAR extender are:
- You will need a Wi-Fi device such as laptop because this method involves launching of www.mywifiext.net local webpage of NETGEAR.
- Connect your device which in this case we are assuming to be a laptop, with extender. This can be done either by connecting through Ethernet cable or through Wi-Fi connection.
- Launch a web browser on laptop. www.mywifiext.net webpage will get opened up by its own and New Extender Setup page gets displayed.
- Here click on New Extender Setup button
- After entering details, click on Next.
- Now you have to select the Wi-Fi network which you want to extend using EX2700 range extender.
- You will be asked to enter password for the Wi-Fi network which you had selected to extend.
- Then assign network name and password for your extender’s Wi-Fi network.
That’s it. Your range extender is installed. Now you can connect to your extender’s network by using any Wi-Fi device.