This device is all about repeating the signals so that it reaches to every corner of the implemented area. NetGear EX7700 Mesh Extender is a universally compatible repeater to provide a Mesh Network around the area without any dead zones and low signal corners. The device also provides the wired connection for two devices in least with the availability of Ethernet port at the back. The setup of the device is easy and quick. You can achieve the connection establishment using WPS button or GENIE Manual Setup.
Below it the picture description of how an Extender is used to create a Mesh Network for better signal strength.
|Item model number||EX7700-100NAS|
|Item Weight||2.05 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6.9 x 8.7 x 5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||6.9 x 8.71 x 5.04 inches|
Get to know the Hardware:
The pack contains the following number of equipments:
- Nighthawk X6 AC2200 Tri-Band technology equipped Extender
- Power Adapter for the direct power supply connection
The front panel of the hardware looks as shown in the picture below:
The panel has a combination of LEDs to show the status of the connections. The lights starting from the left hand side has the following operation:
- Router Link LED: The LED when in solid state indicates the connection between extender and the router.
- Client Link LED: The Link LED shows that the extender is connected to the Wi-Fi enabled computer devices.
- WPS LED: This LED shows that the Wi-Fi Router is WPS enabled and the connection has been established using WPS Button.
- Ethernet LED: For any wired connection if established through the Extender, The Ethernet LED lights up SOLID.
- Power LED: This LED when in solid Green State indicates that the extender is ON. When Amber in color, indicates that the extender is in boot mode.
The back panel has a set of ports and look like the picture described below:
The back panel has the number of ports for the connection of Ethernet cable and Power cable. The following are the ports present:
- WPS Button
- Ethernet ports
- DC power connecter
- ON\OFF Button
- Reset Button
How to use the Extender?
The AC2200 Extender device can be easily connected to the existing Wi-Fi Router using two very simple ways:
- Using the WPS Button
- Using the NetGear Genie Assistance
The extender has the capability to be used as both, ACCESS POINT and a WI-FI RANGE EXTENDER. Thus making this as the most versatile choice of the people among all the other extenders already available in the market.