I want to change my NETGEAR WiFi range extender settings using www.mywifiext.net setup page. Can you please elaborate the procedure for the same?
NETGEAR WiFi range extender devices are designed to extend the range of your home network. They are the most preferred choice of users because of its highly user-friendly interface.
This interface is provided by www.mywifiext.net local webpage.
This web page can be used to perform various functions such as for new extender setup, changing the username and password of your NETGEAR extender network and so on.
Thus www.mywifiext.net is a webpage, we have to log in, for making any changes in NETGEAR range extender’s settings.
Various steps involved in this process are:
- Get your NETGEAR extender in upstate. Only, in that case, your extended network can be approachable.
- Connect with your NETGEAR extender’s network using any network device such as a computer or laptop.
- Then do launch any web browser on your computer.
- At the address bar of your web browser, you will have to enter http://www.mywifiext.net. By entering it, a pop-up window will get displayed. This window will ask you to enter Username and Password.
- Here enter username and password, that you had assigned while installation process was going on. In case you had not changed it then enter default username and password i.e.
Then a screen will get displayed on your computer. Here go to Setup and then to Wireless Settings. By this, you will become able to change settings such as network name, network key etc.
In this way, we can use this local webpage for changing NETGEAR extender’s settings.
But this is not the only use of www.mywifiext.net webpage.
Let’s discuss different usages of www.mywifiext.net one by one.
Usage of a local webpage as the recovery tool.
Let’s say you forgot your extender’s WiFi network password then way out for you in such situation is a local webpage. You have to login into this local webpage to recover the password.
Various steps involved in this process are as listed below:
- Use a device such as a computer or a laptop which has established the connection with your range extender network. Launch a web browser on it.
- After browser gets opened up, do enter http://www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- You will be asked to enter credentials, that includes username and password. Enter credentials which you had assigned while new extender setup wizard, otherwise enter default credentials which are
- Then select Settings and after that Wireless.
- Here under the option of General, you will find WiFi password. Select it.
- In case it states “Same as existing network password”, then this will specify that your NETGEAR range extender network’s password is same as your home network’s.
- In case it states “Use a different Password”, then to know the password you should have to go to Security type and then to Network key.
In this way, you will be able to recover your extender network’s password.
www.mywifiext.net webpage’s utility as setup wizard.
In case you had brought new NETGEAR range extender then the next possible task in front of you is the new Netgear extender setup. NETGEAR provides its users with two ways of installation. That includes
- Manual method
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) method
The user can choose any one method as per his/her convenience.
The only thing that is the same between both methods is www.mywifiext.net. Although in WPS method you will not require setup page directly because new extender setup takes place through WiFi connection between your range extender and network router, after completion of installation process if you require to change NETGEAR range extender’s settings then this can only be done with the help of this local webpage.
In the manual method, the user needs to manually complete all installation steps by logging into www.mywifiext.net webpage.
This shows how much utility this local webpage contains in the field of NETGEAR range extender devices.