understanding the status of N300 extender’s functions
LEDs are smart indicators which help in understanding the status of N300 extender’s functions. The user can easily know what is going inside the extender just by observing the status of LEDs.
NETGEAR N300 range extender comes along with following smart LED indicators:
1. WPS LED: – This LED tells the status of the WPS connection. Thus this LED is helpful in knowing status while installing N300 range extender by WPS method. Various states of WPS LED are:
- Solid green: – It signifies that Wi-Fi security is enabled.
- Blinking green: – It signifies that WPS connection has not yet established and is in progress.
- Off: – This signifies that WPS has not been enabled.
2. Router Link LED: – As the name signifies, this LED will tell us about the status of the link between router and range extender. This LED is very much helpful in locating the best suitable place to place your range extender. Different states of this LED are:
- Solid green: – It denotes an ideal connection between router and NETGEAR extender device.
- Solid amber: – It signifies that although the connection between router and extender is not ideal but is as good as to make network running.
- Solid Red: – It is a symbol of the poor connection between the network router and extender.
- Off: – This signifies that there is no connection at all between router and extender.
3. Client Link LED: – This LED tells us the connection between range extender and client devices such as the computer, laptop, tablet. Various states of LED are:
- Solid green: Signifies best state of the connection.
- Solid amber: Signifies good enough state to make connection working
- Solid red: It signifies the poor connection between the network router and extender.
- Off: – Signifies there is no connection between range extender and router at all.
4. Power LED: – It tells us about the power status of the extender device. Its states are:
Solid amber: It means extender is in booting state.
- Solid green: – This signifies that extender is powered on.
- Off: – That means extender has not been put on power.
In this way, these LEDs helps in a great way while dealing with NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi range extender device.