What is http://www.mywifiext.net setup wizard? Why should I have to know about it?
If you are new in field of NETGEAR range extender then first and foremost thing that you should have to be aware of is www.mywifiext.net setup page. It is not like other websites that you surf on internet but is a local webpage given by NETGEAR to its users. NETGEAR has provided www.mywifiext.net with wide range of functionality, so that to enrich the experience of user with NETGEAR devices. Due to this reason you can use www.mywifiext.net for setting up your new extender in form of www.mywifiext.net NETGEAR Genie setup and also can use it for changing various configurations of the extender. This itself show importance of www.mywifiext.net in the world of NETGEAR devices
In case you are going for new extender setup then it can be done by following any one method from the below given methods:
1. Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) method
2. Manual method/ www.mywifiext.net Smart setup
There are some basic differences in these two methods. But at the day end it does not matter which method you had followed to install your range extender, in all cases you will require knowledge of www.mywifiext setup page. We will try to elucidate on both of this method in coming sections. But firstly we will discuss about common issues which user may encounter while dealing with www.mywifiext.net web page.
What are various reason because of which I am facing login problem with www.mywifiext.net NETGEAR range extender setup page?
There can be many reasons because of which user became unable to access local webpage of NETGEAR that is www.mywifiext.net. But some of the common issues which restrain user to access www.mywifiext.net are as listed below:
- www.mywifiext.net extender setup page can only be accessed in case your NETGEAR range extender is powered on. So first thing to ensure is your device should have to be powered on. It may happen that you had put your device on power but still device is not considered to be powered on because of the reason of interrupted power supply. To confirm that whether NETGEAR device is genuinely powered on or not you can refer to LED status of Power LED present at the front of your extender. If it is green,then it will show that your device is getting power genuinely.
- It may be possible that your web browser may have some compatibility issue so you are recommended to try to open up www.mywifiext.net web page using other browser.
- It may be the case that your NETGEAR range extender is placed too far from your network router. It is always recommended that in case you are going through new extender setup to place your extender in same room as in your network router is and in case you want to access already installed NETGEAR range extender then it should have to be placed within the range of your network router, otherwise you will be unable to access www.mywifiext.netextender setup page.
- It may be possible that your web browser because of any reason is not able to resolve the URL into IP address. So in such case you are recommended to enter IP address 192.168.1.250, which is assigned to www.mywifiext.netextender setup wizard.
- There is some chances that because of some temporary files which get downloaded while you are surfing on internet, may also interrupt hinder the session with www.mywifiext.net setup wizard. So you are recommended to delete all cache and browsing history of your web browser and try again to browse www.mywifiext.net
- Even if after all this you are unable to figure out issue and cant access www.mywifiext.net setup page then you are requested to contact NETGEAR support, to get www.mywifiext.net support.
How to setup new NETGEAR range extender in my network?
After getting brief insight on www.mywifiext.net web page, now comes the time to know how to use it for NETGEAR range extender settings purpose and also as www.mywifiext.net setup page.
As stated up we can install NETGEAR range extender by following any one of the following given methods.
1. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)method: -This method has made installation of NETGEAR range extender as every one’s affair. It provides user highest ease while setting up new NETGEAR range extender in network. For new extender setup using WPS method all you have to do is to follow below listed steps:
- Firstly, do ensure your NETGEAR range extender is powered on, because to access any device it is highly required that the device should have to be in upstate. You can ensure power status of your extender with the help of Power LED.
- Then locate WPS button on your NETGEAR range extender. Press and hold the WPS button for a while.
- In the meantime, do press WPS button on your network router. The time gap between pressing WPS button on extender and network router should not have to be more than 2 minutes.
- Just by doing this your new extender setup stands to be completed. Now you can place it wherever you desire.
You can access extender’s network on your WiFi devices by selecting network named same as your home network but along with _EXT with it. Password of the network will remain same as your home network has.
To change various settings such as network name, password etc you have to go for www.mywifiext.net login. To login into www.mywifiext.net setup page you have to follow some simple steps which are:
- Launch web browser on your WiFi device which is connected with extender's network.
- Once you launch web browser www.mywifiext.net page will be opened by default. But in case it does not opened by itself then you have to manually enter www.mywifiext.net in address bar of your web browser.
- For www.mywifiext.net login you will need to enter credentials like www.mywifiext.net admin name and www.mywifiext.net login password. By default,username for NETGEAR range extender stands to be admin and password is password.
- In this platform of www.mywifiext.net, NETGEAR range extender settings can be changed by firstly selecting Setup and then Wireless settings.
- By changing the credentials as you desire click on Apply button.
- After applying these changes your connection with Wi-Fi range extender will be lost you have to reconnect with extender’s network by entering new credentials.
2. Manual method/ www.mywifiext.net Smart Setup: -This method is known as manual method because of the reason that user has to enter various details manually for installing new NETGEAR range extender. In this method user require any WiFi device such as laptop, tablet and any other WiFi device which seems to be comfortable to user, to go through installation process of extender. This method is highly useful in case when your router is not WPS enabled. To launch new extender setup using www.mywifiext.net setup genie you have to follow the below listed steps:
- As stated in above sections, prime pre requisite is to power on your NETGEAR range extender.
- Then do establish connection between your WiFi device and NETGEAR range extender either by using Ethernet cable or by using WiFi signal. To do this you will be required to open up Network manager and select extender’s network which will be named same as your home network is but will have _EXT along with the name of your home network.
- Then next step involves launching web browser on your WiFi device. You can use any web browser that you wish. If you are going though installation process for the first time then you will be automatically prompted to www.mywifiext.net setup page. But in case otherwise, you have to type www.mywifiext.net in address bar or you can also enter IP address 192.168.1.250.
- You will be prompted to www.mywifiext.net create account screen. Here you have to enter various information and click on NEXT button.
- Then if your range extender is capable to work in both extender and access point mode then you will be asked to select in which mode you want to setup your extender. Here do select WiFi range extender option.
- Then in case if it is dual band then you will be asked to select the band on which you want to install your extender or if in case it is single band then this option will not be available to you.
- Then you need to select home network from list of available network and enter the password of it.
- Here comes the time to setup various credentials such as username, password etc as per one’s requirement. Just clicking on Next button your changes get applied. Due to this reason connection between your device and extender will be lost. SO you need to re-establish connection between your device and extender by using new assigned credentials.
- Once you establish connection with extender, you will be asked to register by entering various details. You can enter these details or can also skip the step for time being.
Thus your new extender setup stands to be completed. You can now place your extender wherever you want, but essentially within the coverage area of network router’s signal. You can also take help of Router Link LED to locate suitable spot to place your extender.